I got back from Utah on Monday. Tuesday turned out to be a ground school session because of rain and thunderstorms. Today’s lesson was canceled because of rain, low ceilings and high winds and forecasts for even worse conditions later in the afternoon.
KUGN 111655Z 28014G25KT 5SM -RA BR BKN015 BKN020 OVC025 09/08 A2934 RMK AO2 PK WND 28027/1630 SLP936 P0005 T00940078
KORD 111445Z 111512 27015KT 6SM -RA BR SCT009 OVC014
FM1700 28023G37KT 4SM -RA BR SCT008 BKN012
TEMPO 1822 3SM RA BR BKN008
FM0300 30019G29KT 4SM -RA BR SCT008 OVC012
KMKE 111506Z 111512 31018G30KT 5SM -RA BR SCT010 OVC020
TEMPO 1519 BKN010
FM1900 31018G30KT 5SM -RA BR OVC009
FM0300 34022G30KT 5SM -RA BR BKN004 OVC012
FM0600 31018G28KT 6SM -RA BKN006 OVC012
Next opportunity will be Sunday afternoon – we’ll see if the weather improves by then.
Speaking of weather, I have been using a program called ForeFlight that gives me a visual representation of the current and forecast conditions. It was written by a fellow aviation blogger named Jason Miller. You can get a free trial at http://www.foreflight.com/. If you like it, I hope you will pay for it. I think it is a great tool and, the price is more than fair.
Note added May 15, 2006 – Thursday was another weather cancellation. Next scheduled lesson is May 18th which will be 3 weeks since my last flight.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.