Lesson 101 – Marking Time

I was scheduled for my checkride last Wednesday (Sept. 12)with an alternate date on Friday. We had to cancel Wednesday because of low ceilings.

To stay fresh, Sandy and I went out for a short dual session on Thursday. We did a few landings at Burlington and some hood time on the way there and back. We kept the lesson short because I was going to do the checkride at 10 AM the next day.

I got up early Friday morning to get the latest weather and update my cross country planning. The morning TAFs showed that the winds were forecast to be gusting as high as 30 knots. Not good for a practical exam. Sandy called just as I was leaving for the airport. We talked about the winds but, there wasn’t really any question about doing the test. Sandy was leaving on a two week vacation the next day so, I went to the airport to get her logbook endorsement and signature on my airman certificate application.

We did the signatures, talked a little about the exam and rescheduled with the DPE for Monday, the 17th with another alternate date on Friday the 21st.

Monday morning the winds were still kicking. It was less gusty than Friday but still forecast for around 18 knots gusting to 24. I called the DPE and canceled yet again. He told me that he would not be able to make it Friday so, we are now scheduled for Monday, the 24th.

  • Good luck! I know from reading your blog that you’ve been working on this for quite a while now. I’m glad to see you so close to the checkride, and it sounds like you are very well prepared.

    Aviation World Blog

  • >

    By continuing to use the site or by clicking the Accept button, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

    Close